- Information We May Collect
- How We May Collect the Information
- How We May Use Information
- Keyword Search
- How to change your cookie settings
- Information Disclosure
- Social Media Features
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Retention of Personal Data
Information We May Collect
Categories of data subjects from whom we may collect data:
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have registered with iTechSale to obtain information on products and/or services offered; and
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have visited the website.
Information may include :
- browser and device information;
- server log file information;
- information collected through cookies and other technologies;
- demographic information and other information provided by you;
- contact details, being corporate contact details where appropriate, including email, postal address, telephone and facsimile numbers;
- purchasing habits and customers;
- customer preferences;
How We May Collect the Information
We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through this site: iTechSale may collect information through the website when you visit.
- Through business interaction: We may collect information through your or your employer’s business interaction with our employees or offices.
- From other sources: We may receive information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; or other third parties.
How We May Use Information
- Data storage and administration;
- Data security;
- Customer and user administration, including the processing of orders, enquires and client reporting;
- Maintenance of accounts and records;
- Analysis of trends and statistical data;
- Crime prevention and prosecution of offenders; and
- Maintenance and development of our website including tailoring for specific visitors.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
We will process your information for the purposes of operating our website and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and in our legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, Order Processing, undertaking marketing activities, improving our website and services or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
Upon visiting our Site, we will assign you a unique ID in the form of a “cookie”. A cookie is a piece of information that is sent to your browser by a website that help websites such as our Site to remember information about your visit and save your preferred settings. Cookies are also used for such purposes as facilitating and personalizing your shopping and ordering experience, keeping track of your shopping basket during your visit, helping diagnose problems with our server and administering our Site. In our case, we may use the information collected through cookies for marketing purposes to inform you of special offers, to better understand your needs, or to answer your questions.
There are two types of cookies: first party cookies which are created by the site you visit and third party cookies which are created by other sites who own some of the content on the site you are visiting. You retain the ability at any time at your discretion to manage and control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser for both types of cookies as best suits your needs. Some browsers even allow you to manage cookies on a site-by-site basis. You may also limit or delete cookies by reviewing your cookie settings and ad settings. For example, if you use a Google Chrome browser, the Tools menu contains an option to Clear Browsing Data. You can use this option to delete cookies and other site and plug-in data, including data stored on your device by the Adobe Flash Player (commonly known as Flash cookies).
We recommend, however, that you allow cookies from our site as they enable you to utilize our features and services and limiting or deleting cookies will mean you will be signed out of our Site, lose any of your saved preferences on our Site, and be prevented from adding items to your shopping cart and proceeding to Checkout.
How to change your cookie settings
Cookie settings can be changed in the settings of most web browsers.
You may refuse to accept cookies by modifying the settings on your browser, for example:
- For Internet Explorer ™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari ™: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- For Chrome ™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB&hlrm=en
- For Firefox ™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- For Opera ™: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note, if you choose to block cookies via the browser, you may not be able to access certain parts or functions of this website.
The information you provide for surveys will be used to support your relationship with iTechSale. iTechSale may use online surveys to ask visitors/customers for contact information (like their email address).
The information you provide during contests and giveaways will be used to support your customer relationship with iTechSale. iTechSale may ask for contact information (like your email address). We use contact data from these events to send users information about our company. The contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. We may combine this information with other data we hold about you.
iTechSale will not give or sell any information regarding you or your order and the products you purchase to any outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation without your consent, save for the limited circumstances outlined in this policy. iTechSale may release personal data (including personally identifiable information) when required to by law if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, in response to a lawful request by public authorities, a court order or legal process served on iTechSale.
While iTechSale uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, no security program is impenetrable, and criminals have been adept at circumventing widely adopted security safeguards. Accordingly, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and that you provide personal information to iTechSale at your own risk. iTechSale cannot therefore guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or via the internet. Any user or third party accessing iTechSale website or services is responsible for its own use of the website and the services. iTechSale is not responsible for any third party’s actions or its security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via the website, services or otherwise.
iTechSale uses what we consider to be reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All account information you use or supply on iTechSale website when ordering or tracking products is held on a system which is designed to be secure. We use reputable advanced encryption technology which the aim to protect you from unauthorized use of information supplied on our website. In addition, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
Social Media Features
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or our online ordering facility, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Please make sure this password is unique and that you do not use this password for any other purpose. If you use another account (such as a social media account) to log on to a secure part of the iTechSale website, then please make sure that you keep that password secure as well. If you think that any of your passwords have been compromised, please notify us so that we can look after the security of your details on our website.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Last Updated September 2023